Hermetic D-Sub Feedthrough
Positronic Xavac connectors are hermetic D-sub feedthrough connectors for space and / or industrial vacuum applications.
Both sides of the d-sub feedthrough contain four threaded mounting holes, an o-ring groove and fixed female jackscrews. Consequently this allows either side of the connector to be mounted toward the vacuum, therefore giving the customer the ultimate in flexibility.
Our Xavac D-sub feedthroughs are filled with an epoxy resin making them far more resilient to vibration, shock and damage compared to glass ceramic alternatives.
The D-Sub feedthroughs are available in 9, 15, 25, 37 and 50 way and also high density d-sub feedthroughs in 15, 26, 44, 62 and 78 way.
Most importantly, all Xavac series connectors are 100% leak tested after fabrication. XAVAC® series connectors utilize precision machined contacts and are therefore strong and durable. The materials and finishes, as well as the technical characteristics of the XAVAC® series connectors conform to MIL-DTL-24308,Goddard and the SPACE-D32 specifications.
In conclusion, the Xavac connectors are arguably the best hermetic d-sub feedthrough’s on the market. In addition, we carry stock of these connectors and as a result our customers don’t have to contend with long lead times.
Please contact us to discuss your Xavac hermetic D-Sub Feedthrough requirements or for a quotation.
- Signal contact current rating: 14A nominal, size 20, 10A nominal, size 22.
- Initial contact resistance: 0.005 ohms maximum
- Proof voltage: 100 V r.m.s
- Temperature range: -40°C to +125°C. The temperature range can be extended under certain conditions. Consult factory
- Helium leak rate at ambient temperature: < 5×10-9 mbar. l/s under a vacuum of 1.5×10-2 mbar
- Outgassing Non-metallic material: Total mass loss – TML <1%. Collected volatile condensable materials – CVCM < 0.1
For further information or a quotation on a XAVAC Hermetic D-Sub Feedthrough, please Contact Us.