The Micro Con series is a new family of Surface Mount connectors with 0.8 mm pitch. Due to the small dimensions, robustness was crucial during the development. The male connectors are provided with reinforced side walls. Secure mating is ensured by coding and blind mate guide alignments, providing an increased locking range. A unique feature for this miniaturized device size is the double-sided spring contact. The reliable and high quality spring contacts are based on a proven and patented principle, which has been repeatedly scaled for smaller dimensions. IDC ribbon cable connections will be provided to enable interconnections over longer distances. The cable pitch is 0.4mm based on the 2-row connector configuration.
The new connector system is ideal for all kinds of applications where high contact density and reduced sizes are essential.
- Pitch: 0.8 mm
- Number of Pins: 12 to 140*
- Class 1 connector > 500 mating cycles
- Tin-plated pins
- Current capacity per contact: up to 0.5 A** at 20°C
- Termination: SMT
- IDC termination AWG 34 solid wire
- Cable pitch 0.4 mm
- Interlocking: IDC female connector with snap-on
- Tape-and-reel packaging for automatic assembly
* Initially available:
- 50-pin female straight connector (4 mm)
- 50-pin male straight connector (1 mm)
- 50-pin female IDC cable connector